Caravan fire caused by barbecue

PUBLISHED: 22:37 23 July 2016 | UPDATED: 23:15 23 July 2016

There was a fire in Brean tonight (Saturday).

There was a fire in Brean tonight (Saturday).

Archant

Fire crews rushed to a caravan fire this evening (Saturday) after a barbecue was left unattended in Brean.

A pair of appliances were called from Burnham-on-Sea and Bridgwater to attend Warren Farm Caravan Park in Warren Road.

The fire had been extinguished on arrival but crews made sure any fire ‘hot-spots’ were thoroughly checked.

Its cause is believed to have been due to a disposable barbecue which was left unattended in a bin in the caravan.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury