Care home worker goes bald to raise money for co-workers
- Credit: Leanne Tedstill
She has been described as “supportive not only to the residents but also to the staff here”.
A long-standing care home worker has shaved her head in a bid to raise money for staff at a Weston care home.
Sam Bedford underwent the big shave to celebrate the care home’s hard work during the Covid-19 pandemic and give back to her fellow key workers.
Sam has worked at Rodney House Care Home, in Trewartha Park, for six years, currently being the home’s administrator.
The bold act was sponsored by Weston businesses which included Grander Grooms and Graceful Gowns alongside The Elms Funeral Care Home.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney House deputy manager, Leanne Tedstill said: “Sam is caring and supportive not only to the residents but also to the staff here as well, she will always go above and beyond to help us all out. One in a million.”
All of Sam’s shaved hair was plaited and will be donated to The Little Princess Trust.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sam-bedford-1
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity