Care home worker goes bald to raise money for co-workers
- Credit: Leanne Tedstill
She has been described as “supportive not only to the residents but also to the staff here”.
A long-standing care home worker has shaved her head in a bid to raise money for staff at a Weston care home.
Sam Bedford underwent the big shave to celebrate the care home’s hard work during the Covid-19 pandemic and give back to her fellow key workers.
Sam has worked at Rodney House Care Home, in Trewartha Park, for six years, currently being the home’s administrator.
The bold act was sponsored by Weston businesses which included Grander Grooms and Graceful Gowns alongside The Elms Funeral Care Home.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney House deputy manager, Leanne Tedstill said: “Sam is caring and supportive not only to the residents but also to the staff here as well, she will always go above and beyond to help us all out. One in a million.”
All of Sam’s shaved hair was plaited and will be donated to The Little Princess Trust.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sam-bedford-1
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar