Person taken to hospital after bathroom fire in Burnham-on-Sea

PUBLISHED: 10:02 15 June 2017 | UPDATED: 11:40 15 June 2017

North Somerset Council will decide whether the tankers can remain in place.

North Somerset Council will decide whether the tankers can remain in place.

Archant

Fire and ambulance crews were called to a house in Burnham after a fire broke out in the property’s bathroom yesterday (Wednesday).

It is thought the fire started as a result of a candle and paramedics also arrived on the scene at Willis Court, in Marine Drive, at around 2.30pm.

One person was taken to hospital as a precaution after two fire crews from Bridgwater and Burnham also attended.

It has been revealed the house suffered 30 per cent damage to bathroom and 10 per cent smoke damage to the rest of the property.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Weston Mercury