Catherine enjoys her new career
A FORMER puppeteer has now taken over the reins at a primary school in Somerset. Catherine Lowe has taken on the role of headteacher at Draycott and Rodney Stoke First School and says she loves the community feel.
A FORMER puppeteer has now taken over the reins at a primary school in Somerset.
Catherine Lowe has taken on the role of headteacher at Draycott and Rodney Stoke First School and says she loves the community feel.
Catherine said: "It really is a lovely school and a very friendly community. Everyone is so supportive."
The Pilton resident, who is very well-travelled, used to work for Norwich Puppet Theatre, touring schools after completing a drama course at college. After living around the Midlands and working in Nottingham, she spent four years teaching English as a modern foreign language in Botswana.
You may also want to watch:
She then became the deputy headteacher at St Cuthbert's Infant School in Wells, before taking on the job in Draycott at the beginning of the school year in September.
Catherine, who is married to fellow performer Steve Barlow, added: "The school I was working at was looking to make redundancies so I came to look around Draycott school. When I was given the tour I thought I would like to work here, and that has proven to be the case."
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
The school, off School Lane, has three classrooms and 72 pupils.