Thank you all you do – health trust
- Credit: Weston Area Health Trust
Weston’s health trust has recognised the contribution made by its nurses and midwives.
Weston Area Health NHS Trust hosted an event last month to mark International Nurses' Day and show the nurses and midwives, who spend their days caring for others, how special they are.
The day began with a service delivered by Weston General Hospital's chaplain, which celebrated the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.
An awards ceremony was held, opened by director of nursing Sarah Dodds.
She said: "We have much to celebrate here at Weston, I have been immensely proud to be able to say I work here alongside some fantastic registered and unregistered nurses.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the year we have supported European nurses to obtain their English exams and recruited colleagues from overseas who are undergoing additional training, preparing them for the role of a registered nurse."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree