Thank you all you do – health trust
- Credit: Weston Area Health Trust
Weston’s health trust has recognised the contribution made by its nurses and midwives.
Weston Area Health NHS Trust hosted an event last month to mark International Nurses' Day and show the nurses and midwives, who spend their days caring for others, how special they are.
The day began with a service delivered by Weston General Hospital's chaplain, which celebrated the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.
An awards ceremony was held, opened by director of nursing Sarah Dodds.
She said: "We have much to celebrate here at Weston, I have been immensely proud to be able to say I work here alongside some fantastic registered and unregistered nurses.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the year we have supported European nurses to obtain their English exams and recruited colleagues from overseas who are undergoing additional training, preparing them for the role of a registered nurse."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision