Thank you all you do – health trust
- Credit: Weston Area Health Trust
Weston’s health trust has recognised the contribution made by its nurses and midwives.
Weston Area Health NHS Trust hosted an event last month to mark International Nurses' Day and show the nurses and midwives, who spend their days caring for others, how special they are.
The day began with a service delivered by Weston General Hospital's chaplain, which celebrated the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.
An awards ceremony was held, opened by director of nursing Sarah Dodds.
She said: "We have much to celebrate here at Weston, I have been immensely proud to be able to say I work here alongside some fantastic registered and unregistered nurses.
"Over the year we have supported European nurses to obtain their English exams and recruited colleagues from overseas who are undergoing additional training, preparing them for the role of a registered nurse."
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 Another weather warning issued for Somerset