Chairman prepares for charity concert
THE chairman of North Somerset Council is holding a concert in aid of her chosen charities.
Councillor Ann Harley has arranged a music extravaganza to raise funds for Weston Hospicecare, North Somerset Young Carers Service and The Strawberry Line.
The concert will feature well-known band Magenta, which will be playing this event as the last in a series of reunion concerts.
And pupils from two North Somerset schools will also be performing at the concert, which is to be attended by many local dignitaries
Cllr Harley said: “I have done various bits and bobs to support my chosen charities over the year but this is the main event, which I hope will raise a lot of money.
You may also want to watch:
“All three organisations do great work and I am very proud to support them in any way that I can.”
The Chairman’s Charity Concert will take place at The Playhouse on March 12 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Tickets, priced �10, are available from the theatre box office on 01934 645544 or via www.theplayhouse.co.uk