Chairman prepares for charity concert
THE chairman of North Somerset Council is holding a concert in aid of her chosen charities.
Councillor Ann Harley has arranged a music extravaganza to raise funds for Weston Hospicecare, North Somerset Young Carers Service and The Strawberry Line.
The concert will feature well-known band Magenta, which will be playing this event as the last in a series of reunion concerts.
And pupils from two North Somerset schools will also be performing at the concert, which is to be attended by many local dignitaries
Cllr Harley said: “I have done various bits and bobs to support my chosen charities over the year but this is the main event, which I hope will raise a lot of money.
You may also want to watch:
“All three organisations do great work and I am very proud to support them in any way that I can.”
The Chairman’s Charity Concert will take place at The Playhouse on March 12 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Tickets, priced �10, are available from the theatre box office on 01934 645544 or via www.theplayhouse.co.uk