Charity dancing competition postponed due to corona outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A charity dancing event has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Weston Hospicecare has postponed the 2020 Strictly Fun Dancing grand finale which was due to take place this Saturday.
The fundraising event is a vital source of income for the hospice and the pandemic is set to have a huge impact on income generation for the charity.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: “It’s with regret that we have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s Strictly Fun Dancing.
“Our incredible dancers have given everything they have got during the past ten weeks to learn the routines and to raise thousands of pounds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working towards announcing a new date in due course and thank all supporters for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.”
Tickets for the grand finale will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved