Charity dancing competition postponed due to corona outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A charity dancing event has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Weston Hospicecare has postponed the 2020 Strictly Fun Dancing grand finale which was due to take place this Saturday.
The fundraising event is a vital source of income for the hospice and the pandemic is set to have a huge impact on income generation for the charity.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: “It’s with regret that we have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s Strictly Fun Dancing.
“Our incredible dancers have given everything they have got during the past ten weeks to learn the routines and to raise thousands of pounds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working towards announcing a new date in due course and thank all supporters for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.”
Tickets for the grand finale will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown