Charity dancing competition postponed due to corona outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A charity dancing event has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Weston Hospicecare has postponed the 2020 Strictly Fun Dancing grand finale which was due to take place this Saturday.
The fundraising event is a vital source of income for the hospice and the pandemic is set to have a huge impact on income generation for the charity.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: “It’s with regret that we have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s Strictly Fun Dancing.
“Our incredible dancers have given everything they have got during the past ten weeks to learn the routines and to raise thousands of pounds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working towards announcing a new date in due course and thank all supporters for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.”
Tickets for the grand finale will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences