Charity dancing competition postponed due to corona outbreak
- Credit: Archant
A charity dancing event has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Weston Hospicecare has postponed the 2020 Strictly Fun Dancing grand finale which was due to take place this Saturday.
The fundraising event is a vital source of income for the hospice and the pandemic is set to have a huge impact on income generation for the charity.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: “It’s with regret that we have made the difficult decision to postpone this year’s Strictly Fun Dancing.
“Our incredible dancers have given everything they have got during the past ten weeks to learn the routines and to raise thousands of pounds for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working towards announcing a new date in due course and thank all supporters for their cooperation during these unprecedented times.”
Tickets for the grand finale will automatically be transferred to the new date.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare