Casino night raises £1.4k for life-saving charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea.com
A fundraising evening raised £1,400 for Burnham Area Rescue Boat Search and Rescue (BARB), which left its organisers overwhelmed by the generous amount raised.
The charity's casino night attracted droves of people to attend and the gathering was held at Highbridge's Oaktree Arena on April 27.
A spokesman said: "It was a really fun evening. The get-together raised an amazing amount towards the charity's work, which is greatly appreciated by everyone at BARB.
"I would like to thank everyone who came along to the event and to its organiser Craig Dunbar for all the effort he put into it.
"This also goes to those who sponsored or gave prizes in aid of the charity."
You may also want to watch:
A meal and casino games were laid on in the evening and people were treated to performances from entertainer Geoff Chandler, Burnham's Dancefit group, Zara and Claire the singing waiters, Magic Luke and the Blue Ridge Runners.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset