Casino night raises £1.4k for life-saving charity
- Credit: Burnham-on-sea.com
A fundraising evening raised £1,400 for Burnham Area Rescue Boat Search and Rescue (BARB), which left its organisers overwhelmed by the generous amount raised.
The charity's casino night attracted droves of people to attend and the gathering was held at Highbridge's Oaktree Arena on April 27.
A spokesman said: "It was a really fun evening. The get-together raised an amazing amount towards the charity's work, which is greatly appreciated by everyone at BARB.
"I would like to thank everyone who came along to the event and to its organiser Craig Dunbar for all the effort he put into it.
"This also goes to those who sponsored or gave prizes in aid of the charity."
You may also want to watch:
A meal and casino games were laid on in the evening and people were treated to performances from entertainer Geoff Chandler, Burnham's Dancefit group, Zara and Claire the singing waiters, Magic Luke and the Blue Ridge Runners.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone