Charity event for worthy causes to be held at Electric Banana
- Credit: Archant
A charity event to raise cash for two causes will be held in Weston this weekend.
Children of all ages will be able to enjoy a family fun afternoon from 2-4pm at the Electric Banana, downstairs at The Loft nightclub in Oxford Place.
There will be entertainers and games for the family in aid of Up And Downs South West and Cancer Research UK.
Then the party begins at 5pm for the adults with live music from Kelly Griggs, Kieshia ‘Whitney’ Venn and Dave ‘Elvis’ Stevens.
Paul Doble started planning the event five months ago in support of his father, Michael, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago.
It also supports Kelly Griggs’ nephew who has Down’s syndrome.
Paul said: “My aim is to fill the venue’s 250-person capacity and raise £3,000 across the board.
- 1 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 2 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 7 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 8 Pictures show police deal with man on rooftops in Weston
- 9 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 10 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
“I held a similar event last year which raised £1,300 just for Cancer Research UK so want to double this for the two charities.”