Marathon runner hosts spin event for Whizz Kidz
- Credit: Eleanor Young
A London Marathon runner in training has started her fundraising efforts early with a three-hour charity spin.
Emma Taylor, aged 42, will be competing in the London Marathon next summer and has already raised £700.35 for her chosen charity, Whizz Kidz.
The charity provides wheelchairs to children which can make a huge difference to their quality of life.
The spin session, which was held at @Worle, saw Mark Wilson lead 55 people through a three-hour back-to-back session.
Fifty-five people climbed onto bikes and built up a sweat for the worthy cause.
You may also want to watch:
Emma said: “I cannot thank @Worle and Candace Riley enough for all their help in putting this event on.”
Emma is also inviting people to revel in their Christmas decorations at 430 Locking Road, opposite Baytree Rec, and make a small donation to the children’s charity.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel