Charity tea party raises cash for charity
- Credit: Sub
A charity tea party was held by a Bleadon choir last week.
The Bleadon WI invited people to enjoy tea and a cake for charity.
The WI's choir, Bleadon Belles, entertained the audience with popular songs while guests tucked into homemade sweet treats.
It was the first public performance for the choir under the leadership of its musical director Meg Brand, who joined the Belles in April.
The choir also performed alongside accompanist Liz Rankin.
The two newcomers promise to take the choir from strength to strength over the coming season.
The musical tea party was raising funds for the Gemini Project and for a new kitchen for the Coronation Halls.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
The WI meets at the Coronation Halls, in Coronation Road, at 7.30pm on the second Thursday of every month.