‘Naughty’ parrot rescued by firefighters
- Credit: Avon Fire and Rescue
A ‘naughty’ parrot was rescued by firefighters after spending an evening being terrorised by seagulls.
Two crews from Weston arrived on the scene at 9.45am this morning (Friday) and retrieved Charlie the parrot from a tall tree after he had escaped from his home in nearby Marchfields Way.
The exotic bird had reportedly escaped from its home last night (Thursday) and was being 'terrorised by the local seagull community.'
A turntable ladder was used by firefighters to reach Charlie who was then returned to his owners.
It is not known if Charlie was injured.
You may also want to watch:
A tweet on the Weston-super-Mare fire station twitter account read: "This is Charlie the naughty parrot.
"Charlie escaped only to spend the night being terrorised by the local seagull community.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 4 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
"Safe to say he was happy a firefighter appeared in his tree on a turntable ladder to come save him."