Motorcycle collision prompts witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been admitted to hospital after a single vehicle collision in Cheddar Gorge.
The man, aged in his 50s, came off his bike while travelling along the B3135 Plummers Lane on Friday at around 1.40pm.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital where he continues to receive treatment for injuries, which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has now launched an appeal for witnesses, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident or who has dashcam footage of it.
Police also want to speak to the occupants of two cars which were overtaken by the bike prior to the collision, as well as the occupants of a camper-type van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
To help the police investigation, call 101 and give the call handler reference number 5220171479.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer