Motorcycle collision prompts witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been admitted to hospital after a single vehicle collision in Cheddar Gorge.
The man, aged in his 50s, came off his bike while travelling along the B3135 Plummers Lane on Friday at around 1.40pm.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital where he continues to receive treatment for injuries, which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has now launched an appeal for witnesses, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident or who has dashcam footage of it.
Police also want to speak to the occupants of two cars which were overtaken by the bike prior to the collision, as well as the occupants of a camper-type van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
To help the police investigation, call 101 and give the call handler reference number 5220171479.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again