Motorcycle collision prompts witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been admitted to hospital after a single vehicle collision in Cheddar Gorge.
The man, aged in his 50s, came off his bike while travelling along the B3135 Plummers Lane on Friday at around 1.40pm.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital where he continues to receive treatment for injuries, which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has now launched an appeal for witnesses, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident or who has dashcam footage of it.
Police also want to speak to the occupants of two cars which were overtaken by the bike prior to the collision, as well as the occupants of a camper-type van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
To help the police investigation, call 101 and give the call handler reference number 5220171479.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant