Motorcycle collision prompts witness appeal
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been admitted to hospital after a single vehicle collision in Cheddar Gorge.
The man, aged in his 50s, came off his bike while travelling along the B3135 Plummers Lane on Friday at around 1.40pm.
He was taken to Southmead Hospital where he continues to receive treatment for injuries, which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has now launched an appeal for witnesses, and police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident or who has dashcam footage of it.
Police also want to speak to the occupants of two cars which were overtaken by the bike prior to the collision, as well as the occupants of a camper-type van which was travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
To help the police investigation, call 101 and give the call handler reference number 5220171479.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 5 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity