Wishing pool yields hundreds of pounds for Lions
- Credit: Cheddar Vale Lions Club
At the end of a busy summer, a Lions club has emptied its wishing pool.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club members took on the annual task of emptying the pool in Cheddar Gorge.
Members of the public have had the opportunity to ‘make a wish’ throughout the year knowing the money will be used for the Lions’ charitable work.
With the co-operation of Bristol Water, the coins were fished out of the pool and the surrounding waters in the bucket load.
They were washed and sorted and half of the money is given to Bristol Water in aid of its own charity, WaterAid.
The remaining money will be put towards other charities, groups and organisations.
This year, the total is thought to be between £400-500 with some money still being cleaned before it can be banked.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch
A grateful Lions spokesman said: “Thank you to those who made their wishes and we hope they come true.”