Wishing pool yields hundreds of pounds for Lions
- Credit: Cheddar Vale Lions Club
At the end of a busy summer, a Lions club has emptied its wishing pool.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club members took on the annual task of emptying the pool in Cheddar Gorge.
Members of the public have had the opportunity to ‘make a wish’ throughout the year knowing the money will be used for the Lions’ charitable work.
With the co-operation of Bristol Water, the coins were fished out of the pool and the surrounding waters in the bucket load.
They were washed and sorted and half of the money is given to Bristol Water in aid of its own charity, WaterAid.
You may also want to watch:
The remaining money will be put towards other charities, groups and organisations.
This year, the total is thought to be between £400-500 with some money still being cleaned before it can be banked.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
A grateful Lions spokesman said: “Thank you to those who made their wishes and we hope they come true.”