Wishing pool yields hundreds of pounds for Lions
- Credit: Cheddar Vale Lions Club
At the end of a busy summer, a Lions club has emptied its wishing pool.
Cheddar Vale Lions Club members took on the annual task of emptying the pool in Cheddar Gorge.
Members of the public have had the opportunity to ‘make a wish’ throughout the year knowing the money will be used for the Lions’ charitable work.
With the co-operation of Bristol Water, the coins were fished out of the pool and the surrounding waters in the bucket load.
They were washed and sorted and half of the money is given to Bristol Water in aid of its own charity, WaterAid.
The remaining money will be put towards other charities, groups and organisations.
This year, the total is thought to be between £400-500 with some money still being cleaned before it can be banked.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 5 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 6 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 7 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 'Caring' cat who saved owner up for national award
- 10 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
A grateful Lions spokesman said: “Thank you to those who made their wishes and we hope they come true.”