Sequence dancers celebrate 50th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A sequence dance group has celebrated its 50th birthday in style with a party.
Members of the Cheddar Old Tyme and Modern Sequence Dance Club cut the cake and slipped on their dancing shoes for a night to remember.
More than 80 people donned their best frocks and suits to whisk their way around the hall at a party this month.
Mike and Vera Bancroft founded the group in 1969 and have enjoyed seeing the club grow in numbers ever since.
Vera said: "It was a good evening and everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly.
You may also want to watch:
"My husband and I started the group in 1969 at Kings Of Wessex Academy.
"We got the club going and we are still doing it today and we act as dancers and teachers."
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
The event saw people ballroom step around the hall in a 16-bar sequence.