PICTURES: Kings Of Wessex prom
- Credit: Archant
Pupils let their hair down this week after months of revision by dancing the night away.
Kings Of Wessex Academy, in Cheddar, held its prom evening on Tuesday at Rookery Manor, in Edingworth.
Year 11 students arrived in various modes of transport, including limousines, tractors, motorbikes and a horse-drawn carriage.
Headteacher Gavin Ball said: "A special thanks goes to the year 11 tutor team and staff for organising such a spectacular occasion.
"This is always a raved about event and the students went all out and dressed to the nines for this special, black-tie occasion.
You may also want to watch:
"This was an event enjoyed by all. Students and staff alike celebrated side by side and shared a poignant end and a final celebration of the time they have spent together at the academy."
Kings of Wessex, alongside Hugh Sexey Middle School in Blackford, make up the upper schools in the Wessex Learning Trust.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend