Big surprise for children with teddy bear’s picnic
- Credit: Archant
Children were in for a big surprise at a teddy bear’s picnic.
Boogie Beat Music and Movement welcomed more than 40 youngsters and their families to the afternoon event on June 10 at St Andrew's Church in Cheddar.
The event was one of many taking place around the country to raise money for Radio Lollipop - a children's hospital radio station who support and cheer up young patients and their families during their hospital stay.
Boogie Beat founders Nicky Attwood and Lisa Langford launched the nationwide event in the hope of raising £1,000, which they have already surpassed.
Nicky said: "It was a brilliant event and we are blown away to have hit our target already."
You may also want to watch:
Children enjoyed a cup of tea with their teddies and took part in a mini raffle.
The grand raffle is set to be drawn on July 3.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston
It is £1 a strip and tickets can be bought from Woodbury Insurance in Bath Street.