Lions club’s senior citizens party a success
- Credit: Sub
There were smiles and laughter all around at a senior citizens’ tea party.
The Cheddar Vale Lions held the annual tea earlier this month to a packed village hall of guests.
A coach picked up pensioners from around the Cheddar Vale area, together with minibuses and cars, to transport the party goers to Shipham Village Hall.
The Lions were busy all morning preparing delicious tea with sandwiches, homemade cakes and jelly, fruit and cream.
The guests enjoyed a quiz, a sing-a-long and music from The Silver Levels Band.
You may also want to watch:
A Lions spokesman said: “Everyone had an enjoyable afternoon which was evident from all the smiling faces, clapping, laughter and even dancing.”
The club has been running the event for more than 40 years and it is still considered a highlight in the calendar for members and guests.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 6 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
The day ended with the citizens being taken home armed with a bag of goodies.