Lions club’s senior citizens party a success
- Credit: Sub
There were smiles and laughter all around at a senior citizens’ tea party.
The Cheddar Vale Lions held the annual tea earlier this month to a packed village hall of guests.
A coach picked up pensioners from around the Cheddar Vale area, together with minibuses and cars, to transport the party goers to Shipham Village Hall.
The Lions were busy all morning preparing delicious tea with sandwiches, homemade cakes and jelly, fruit and cream.
The guests enjoyed a quiz, a sing-a-long and music from The Silver Levels Band.
A Lions spokesman said: “Everyone had an enjoyable afternoon which was evident from all the smiling faces, clapping, laughter and even dancing.”
The club has been running the event for more than 40 years and it is still considered a highlight in the calendar for members and guests.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 9 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
The day ended with the citizens being taken home armed with a bag of goodies.