Music club creates virtual brass band
- Credit: Sam Kail-Dyke
A music club has created a virtual brass band to keep spirits up during lockdown.
Cheddar Valley Music Club, made up of 30 members, has since released a video of its performance of Brazil by Barroso on YouTube.
Wednesday rehearsals, which had gone uninterrupted for 40 years, have stopped since the coronavirus outbreak, and the club had to postpone its 40th anniversary concert due to take place in a few weeks’ time.
Club founder Anne Higgs said: “It’s so wonderful for everyone to be playing again, even if it can’t be physically together.
“I’m so happy the project has given everyone something fun to do while they are stuck at home – I hope it has brought a smile to their faces as they get see and hear their bandmates again.”
The club hopes to celebrate its 40th anniversary later in the year.
To watch the performance online, visit www.youtu.be/0XhKVI3zK68
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 3 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 6 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 9 'There's a snake in my sofa!': RSPCA's funniest calls of 2021 revealed
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision