Music club creates virtual brass band
- Credit: Sam Kail-Dyke
A music club has created a virtual brass band to keep spirits up during lockdown.
Cheddar Valley Music Club, made up of 30 members, has since released a video of its performance of Brazil by Barroso on YouTube.
Wednesday rehearsals, which had gone uninterrupted for 40 years, have stopped since the coronavirus outbreak, and the club had to postpone its 40th anniversary concert due to take place in a few weeks’ time.
Club founder Anne Higgs said: “It’s so wonderful for everyone to be playing again, even if it can’t be physically together.
“I’m so happy the project has given everyone something fun to do while they are stuck at home – I hope it has brought a smile to their faces as they get see and hear their bandmates again.”
You may also want to watch:
The club hopes to celebrate its 40th anniversary later in the year.
To watch the performance online, visit www.youtu.be/0XhKVI3zK68
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round