The Wizard Of Oz production to feature at Weston theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Weston theatre company is set to perform a well-loved film which is widely regarded as one of the greatest in cinema history.
The Chelis Theatre Company will showcase its The Wizard Of Oz production, set to feature Dorothy and her sparkling ruby slippers.
A cast of 30 performers, aged seven to 17, will reenact the tale – and the show will include songs such as We’re Off to See the Wizard, Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead and The Merry Old Land Of Oz.
The story unfolds when a tornado strikes Dorothy’s home, taking her and her cairn terrier Toto on a journey to the Land of Oz.
The company will put on the show at The Blakehay Theatre, in Wadham Street, on March 16.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a matinee performance at 3pm and an evening showing at 7pm.
Tickets, priced £9-11, are available at www.blakehaytheatre.co.uk/event/the-wizard-of-oz-rsc or from the box office on 01934 645493.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 9 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.