Couple delighted after lottery win
- Credit: Archant
A couple ‘couldn’t believe’ their luck after winning a children’s charity weekly lottery.
Paul and Renate O’Donnell won Children’s Hospice South West’s (CHSW) weekly lottery, scooping the £1,000 prize.
The pair, who run the business Wood ‘n’ Things and frequently host events to support CHSW, bought a ticket for the lottery after visiting one of the charity’s shop.
Renate said: “We thought nothing of it and went home. The following week we had a call from the manager. She said a winning ticket had been bought from the shop but remained unclaimed.”
Paul added: “I looked everywhere for the ticket – I even looked through the bins, but couldn’t find it. I resigned myself to the fact that it probably wasn’t our ticket which won anyway.
You may also want to watch:
“Then I walked into the lounge and there, on the top of Renate’s knitting basket, was the ticket. It was the one. We couldn’t believe it.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village