Couple delighted after lottery win
- Credit: Archant
A couple ‘couldn’t believe’ their luck after winning a children’s charity weekly lottery.
Paul and Renate O’Donnell won Children’s Hospice South West’s (CHSW) weekly lottery, scooping the £1,000 prize.
The pair, who run the business Wood ‘n’ Things and frequently host events to support CHSW, bought a ticket for the lottery after visiting one of the charity’s shop.
Renate said: “We thought nothing of it and went home. The following week we had a call from the manager. She said a winning ticket had been bought from the shop but remained unclaimed.”
Paul added: “I looked everywhere for the ticket – I even looked through the bins, but couldn’t find it. I resigned myself to the fact that it probably wasn’t our ticket which won anyway.
You may also want to watch:
“Then I walked into the lounge and there, on the top of Renate’s knitting basket, was the ticket. It was the one. We couldn’t believe it.”
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Will garden village be revived?
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning