Soaring success for Transend skatepark
- Credit: Archant
Scores of skating fans took to the slopes at Weston’s popular skatepark.
Transend took over the Tropicana during the first week of the Easter holidays and enthusiasts flocked to the venue to show off their skills while socialising with friends.
Transend is run by a group of passionate skaters from churches in Weston who are keen to open an indoor skate warehouse.
The group has been drumming up support for its goal by running pop-up parks at various locations around Weston. Transend at the Tropicana is always a huge hit with youngsters who can book in for sessions on their skateboards, scooters and BMX bikes.
Art and craft sessions were also run alongside the skatepark with a graffiti wall to paint on, friendship bracelets and colouring activities.
You may also want to watch:
Craft fans were also able to make mosaic mirrors and design and paint a plant pot.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village