Soaring success for Transend skatepark
- Credit: Archant
Scores of skating fans took to the slopes at Weston’s popular skatepark.
Transend took over the Tropicana during the first week of the Easter holidays and enthusiasts flocked to the venue to show off their skills while socialising with friends.
Transend is run by a group of passionate skaters from churches in Weston who are keen to open an indoor skate warehouse.
The group has been drumming up support for its goal by running pop-up parks at various locations around Weston. Transend at the Tropicana is always a huge hit with youngsters who can book in for sessions on their skateboards, scooters and BMX bikes.
Art and craft sessions were also run alongside the skatepark with a graffiti wall to paint on, friendship bracelets and colouring activities.
You may also want to watch:
Craft fans were also able to make mosaic mirrors and design and paint a plant pot.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force