Chimney fire at Chewton Mendip
PUBLISHED: 17:19 10 February 2018
There was a chimney fire at a property in Chewton Mendip earlier today (Saturday, February 10).
Following reports of a fire at 11.46am, one fire engine from Wells was mobilised.
On arrival at the scene at West End Lane, Chewton Mendip, crews requested a further pump with a thermal image camera, which again came from Wells.
Crews tackled the fire by extinguishing it from the grate using chimney gear.
The thermal imaging camera was used to check for any fire spread. At 12.34pm it was confirmed that the fire had been fully extinguished.