Fire crews tackle chimney fire in village
- Credit: Burnham-on-Sea Fire Station
Two crews tackled a chimney fire at a house in Mark yesterday (Sunday).
Crews from Burnham-on-Sea Fire Station were called to a chimney fire at a house in the village, in Poplar Lane, at 6.12pm.
The fire was caused by a build up of soot on the chimney’s register plate and was extinguished later on that evening.
An officer in charge decided to dispatch a second crew from the station, due to the house having a thatched straw roof element underneath the main tiling.
Crews had to remove a woodburning stove in order to get to the fire and eventually located the register plate, which is used when there is no liner and acts as a barrier to the smoke and fumes in the chimney.
You may also want to watch:
The fire station is advising people to have the chimneys in their homes swept regularly.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/burnhamonseafire
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'