Limited Lord Archer Christmas cards left
- Credit: Archant
Christmas cards containing a short story from author Jeffrey Archer are selling fast in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
The cards feature an exclusive poem written by Lord Archer, with a watercolour of Ashcombe Park on the front by artists Rosie Smith.
The sales were boosted when Lord Archer and his wife Dame Mary decided to buy the cards for use as their 'official card' this Christmas.
He told the hospice: "I was inspired to write The Son of God by an anonymous 18th century piece I heard at the Parliamentary Advent Service at St Michael's Chester Square a couple of years ago, and I'm delighted that it's being used on a Christmas card in support of Weston Hospicecare."
The novelist hopes the verse will help to propel the card to record sales, raising vital money for the hospice during its 30th anniversary year.
You may also want to watch:
Packs of five cards are on sale at the hospice's shops across Weston for £2.99.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston