Limited Lord Archer Christmas cards left
- Credit: Archant
Christmas cards containing a short story from author Jeffrey Archer are selling fast in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
The cards feature an exclusive poem written by Lord Archer, with a watercolour of Ashcombe Park on the front by artists Rosie Smith.
The sales were boosted when Lord Archer and his wife Dame Mary decided to buy the cards for use as their 'official card' this Christmas.
He told the hospice: "I was inspired to write The Son of God by an anonymous 18th century piece I heard at the Parliamentary Advent Service at St Michael's Chester Square a couple of years ago, and I'm delighted that it's being used on a Christmas card in support of Weston Hospicecare."
The novelist hopes the verse will help to propel the card to record sales, raising vital money for the hospice during its 30th anniversary year.
You may also want to watch:
Packs of five cards are on sale at the hospice's shops across Weston for £2.99.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset