Christmas comes to Burnham
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on. BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on.
BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
There will also be a Christmas market in the road from 11am and entertainment from Burnham and Highbridge Town Band will be on from 1pm. Father Christmas is taking time out of his busy schedule to meet youngsters at 2pm and will be giving out free sweets. At 2.30pm Curtain Call will perform a selection of Christmas songs and carols and at 3.30pm operatic tenor Tim Pitman will sing a number of songs from his repertoire.
A performance from Circus Americano is possible, as they are residing at Sanders GardenWorld, but this cannot be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
High Street will be closed to traffic during the events and people wishing to visit are advised to plan ahead.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions