Christmas comes to Burnham
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on. BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on.
BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
There will also be a Christmas market in the road from 11am and entertainment from Burnham and Highbridge Town Band will be on from 1pm. Father Christmas is taking time out of his busy schedule to meet youngsters at 2pm and will be giving out free sweets. At 2.30pm Curtain Call will perform a selection of Christmas songs and carols and at 3.30pm operatic tenor Tim Pitman will sing a number of songs from his repertoire.
A performance from Circus Americano is possible, as they are residing at Sanders GardenWorld, but this cannot be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
High Street will be closed to traffic during the events and people wishing to visit are advised to plan ahead.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple