Christmas comes to Burnham
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on. BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
SEASON festivity officially comes to Burnham on Saturday when the Christmas lights are switched on.
BBC Points West reporter Clinton Rogers will perform the switch on at 4pm in High Street.
There will also be a Christmas market in the road from 11am and entertainment from Burnham and Highbridge Town Band will be on from 1pm. Father Christmas is taking time out of his busy schedule to meet youngsters at 2pm and will be giving out free sweets. At 2.30pm Curtain Call will perform a selection of Christmas songs and carols and at 3.30pm operatic tenor Tim Pitman will sing a number of songs from his repertoire.
A performance from Circus Americano is possible, as they are residing at Sanders GardenWorld, but this cannot be confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
High Street will be closed to traffic during the events and people wishing to visit are advised to plan ahead.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant