Christingles and crafts at messy church event
- Credit: Archant
Excited children spent the morning making Christingles during a messy church service in Weston.
Milton Baptist Church, in Baytree Road, invited families in for some festive fun and food on Saturday.
The church was filled with Christmas cheer as children took part in games and families indulged in some festive-themed crafts together.
Visitors dressed in Christmas jumpers and volunteers put on games, crafts, cookery and stories, before serving up a free meal.
Children used candles, oranges, ribbons and fruit to make Christingles as they learnt about the meaning of Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The church is holding a toddlers’ nativity service on Sunday at 3pm, when children from the toddler groups will tell the Christmas story to parents.
A carol service will take place at the church on December 23 from 6pm and a Christmas Day family service will be held at 10.30am.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare