Christingles and crafts at messy church event
- Credit: Archant
Excited children spent the morning making Christingles during a messy church service in Weston.
Milton Baptist Church, in Baytree Road, invited families in for some festive fun and food on Saturday.
The church was filled with Christmas cheer as children took part in games and families indulged in some festive-themed crafts together.
Visitors dressed in Christmas jumpers and volunteers put on games, crafts, cookery and stories, before serving up a free meal.
Children used candles, oranges, ribbons and fruit to make Christingles as they learnt about the meaning of Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The church is holding a toddlers’ nativity service on Sunday at 3pm, when children from the toddler groups will tell the Christmas story to parents.
A carol service will take place at the church on December 23 from 6pm and a Christmas Day family service will be held at 10.30am.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented