Christingles and crafts at messy church event
- Credit: Archant
Excited children spent the morning making Christingles during a messy church service in Weston.
Milton Baptist Church, in Baytree Road, invited families in for some festive fun and food on Saturday.
The church was filled with Christmas cheer as children took part in games and families indulged in some festive-themed crafts together.
Visitors dressed in Christmas jumpers and volunteers put on games, crafts, cookery and stories, before serving up a free meal.
Children used candles, oranges, ribbons and fruit to make Christingles as they learnt about the meaning of Christmas.
The church is holding a toddlers’ nativity service on Sunday at 3pm, when children from the toddler groups will tell the Christmas story to parents.
A carol service will take place at the church on December 23 from 6pm and a Christmas Day family service will be held at 10.30am.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask