Christmas is coming to town: Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
PUBLISHED: 17:24 08 December 2017 | UPDATED: 10:50 11 December 2017
Andrew Thompson Photography
The lights have been switched on and Weston is overflowing with festive spirit.
Bazaars, fairs and concerts have everything you need, from mulled wine to mince pies, to ensure you are in the festive mood.
– Stock up on some presents at the homemakers group’s Christmas bazaar at Victoria Methodist Church in Station Road on Saturday
The event will begin at 10am, and there will be a variety of cakes and gifts for sale, plus a raffle and tombola.
Entry costs 20p.
– Get yourself into the festive spirit with a new show called The Key To Christmas.
It will be performed at St Paul’s Church, in Walliscote Road, on Saturday at 4pm.
Tickets, priced £2-6, are available here.
– Choirs will serenade a Weston audience on Saturday at Victoria Methodist Church, in Station Road.
Words and Music will feature a mixture of festive songs and readings. The show will start at 7.30pm.
– Aladdin featuring TV star John Altman, best known for playing ‘Nasty’ Nick Cotton in BBC’s EastEnders, will be at The Playhouse Theatre, in High Street, from Saturday until New Year’s Eve.
Tickets, priced £19.95-21.95, and show times are available here.
– Spectrum Musical Theatre group will present a Christmas concert at Priory Community School in Queensway on Saturday.
Performances will be at 2pm and 7pm, and tickets, priced £5, are available here.