Christmas rubbish collections
RESIDENTS in North Somerset are being urged to think green when they throw away their wrapping paper and other waste this Christmas.
RESIDENTS in North Somerset are being urged to think 'green' when they throw away their wrapping paper and other waste this Christmas.
North Somerset Council has put its top tips for getting rid of rubbish on its website www.n-somerset.gov.uk/waste under the Christmas section.
Used Christmas trees will be collected in January's green waste collection and should be left by the green bag issued to residents across the district.
Residents are also being asked to recycle bottles, jars, food and drinks cans, as well as paper, using the green box scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Green garden waste and plain corrugated cardboard will only be collected once per month from December to February and fortnightly collections will begin again in March 2008.
The council has asked residents to be careful when throwing away glass and other sharp objects and to ensure rubbish is available for collection from 7.30am onwards on collection days.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 9 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
The following changes apply to normal rubbish, green waste and recycling box collections:
Normal days are shown on the left, with the revised days on the right.
> Tuesday 25 December, Thursday 27 December
> Wednesday 26 December, Friday 28 December
> Thursday 27 December, Saturday 29 December
> Friday 28 December, Monday 31 January
> Monday 31 December, Wednesday 2 January
> Tuesday 1 January, Thursday 3 January
> Wednesday 2 January, Friday 4 January
> Thursday 3 January, Saturday 5 January
> Friday 4 January, Monday 7 January
> Monday 7 January, Tuesday 8 January
> Tuesday 8 January, Wednesday 9 January
> Wednesday 9 January, Thursday 10 January
> Thursday 10 January, Friday 11 January
> Friday 11 January, Saturday 12 January
Normal collections will resume from Monday 14 January.