Weston Hospicecare to run Christmas tree collection exchange in January
- Credit: Google Street View
Weston Hospicecare is to run a collection service for used Christmas trees in the new year.
The hospice is asking for donations in exchange for the trees, which will be collected on January 8.
Coordinating the scheme is Weston Rotary Club.
This comes after last years successful tree exchange where the hospice raised nearly £6,000.
Community fundraising manager for the hospice, Sue Kingman said: "We're absolutely delighted that Weston Rotary have come back to support us with this event again after the upcoming festive period.
"It's such a fantastic idea and saves us all a job while supporting a local charity and making a huge difference to people locally."
The collection will only take place in Weston and the surrounding villages, including Haywood Village, Locking and Locking Parklands.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Weston BAFTA winner reveals what goes on behind the scenes
- 5 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 9 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 10 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
The postal areas are BS22, BS23, BS24, BS25, BS49 and TA8.
Trees should be placed in an obvious collection location like a driveway.
To book a slot, log on to westonhospicecare.org.uk