Church site available - any takers?
A CHURCH group needs to be found to take a piece of land off a developer s hands.
A CHURCH group needs to be found to take a piece of land off a developer's hands.
Mead Realisations, which owns Meadow Mead Homes, has been marketing the site off Pastures Avenue in St Georges for seven years.
The land was earmarked for a church site as part of the agreement with North Somerset Council when planning permission was granted for house building in the area.
Tony Poole, who runs Meadow Mead Homes has worked hard to advertise the 0.2acre site for a 'nominal' amount.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We have sent mail shots to many churches in the region but most felt the site was too small, especially for a multi-denomination site which seems to be popular these days.
"We have now discussed with North Somerset Council the possibility of using the piece of land for another purpose and putting some money towards extending the community centre instead."
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
If any churches are interested in the site they can call Tony on 01934 520808.