There With You: Church sets up help groups for the vulnerable during ‘difficult’ time
- Credit: Archant
A church in Locking Parklands has set up a group to help vulnerable people during the coronavirus crisis.
Parklands Community Church, in Locking Moor Road, is asking for people who need help with food shopping, walking the dog or a chat over the phone or prayer, to get in touch.
The group has been set up as a result of the uncertainty caused by the virus.
The church has also announced all gatherings at the church are cancelled until further notice.
This includes Sunday mass, Pop-up Café and mid-week gatherings.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the church said: “There’s no doubt that the next few months are going to be difficult.
“As we face uncertainty as a nation, Parklands Community Church wants to play our part in caring for the local community.”
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
To contact the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/ParkCommChurch
Need a Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury delivered direct to you? Call our hotline on 01603 772138 or email email@example.com