There With You: Church sets up help groups for the vulnerable during ‘difficult’ time
- Credit: Archant
A church in Locking Parklands has set up a group to help vulnerable people during the coronavirus crisis.
Parklands Community Church, in Locking Moor Road, is asking for people who need help with food shopping, walking the dog or a chat over the phone or prayer, to get in touch.
The group has been set up as a result of the uncertainty caused by the virus.
The church has also announced all gatherings at the church are cancelled until further notice.
This includes Sunday mass, Pop-up Café and mid-week gatherings.
A spokesman for the church said: “There’s no doubt that the next few months are going to be difficult.
“As we face uncertainty as a nation, Parklands Community Church wants to play our part in caring for the local community.”
- 1 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 2 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 3 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 4 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 5 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 6 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
- 7 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 8 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 9 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
To contact the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/ParkCommChurch
Need a Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury delivered direct to you? Call our hotline on 01603 772138 or email email@example.com