There With You: Church sets up help groups for the vulnerable during ‘difficult’ time
- Credit: Archant
A church in Locking Parklands has set up a group to help vulnerable people during the coronavirus crisis.
Parklands Community Church, in Locking Moor Road, is asking for people who need help with food shopping, walking the dog or a chat over the phone or prayer, to get in touch.
The group has been set up as a result of the uncertainty caused by the virus.
The church has also announced all gatherings at the church are cancelled until further notice.
This includes Sunday mass, Pop-up Café and mid-week gatherings.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the church said: “There’s no doubt that the next few months are going to be difficult.
“As we face uncertainty as a nation, Parklands Community Church wants to play our part in caring for the local community.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
To contact the group, email email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/ParkCommChurch
Need a Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury delivered direct to you? Call our hotline on 01603 772138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org