There With You: Church sets up help groups for the vulnerable during ‘difficult’ time
- Credit: Archant
A church in Locking Parklands has set up a group to help vulnerable people during the coronavirus crisis.
Parklands Community Church, in Locking Moor Road, is asking for people who need help with food shopping, walking the dog or a chat over the phone or prayer, to get in touch.
The group has been set up as a result of the uncertainty caused by the virus.
The church has also announced all gatherings at the church are cancelled until further notice.
This includes Sunday mass, Pop-up Café and mid-week gatherings.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the church said: “There’s no doubt that the next few months are going to be difficult.
“As we face uncertainty as a nation, Parklands Community Church wants to play our part in caring for the local community.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'
To contact the group, email email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/ParkCommChurch
Need a Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury delivered direct to you? Call our hotline on 01603 772138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org