Churchill charity seeks volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A charity which provides community transport has launched an urgent appeal for volunteers to ensure it does not have to cut back its service.
Churchill and Langford Minibus Society helps transport villagers to the shops and social events, providing a lifeline to people without cars.
Its chairman Trevor Smallwood said, due to retirement and ill health of drivers, the society is recruiting. And a new booking secretary is also needed.
He said: "Many of our members don't live near bus routes and would have to make a significant walk to a bus stop, which they are often unable to do.
"Volunteers who are willing to work as little as once a month could prevent the society from scaling back its services."
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer as a minibus driver contact Trevor on 01934 852589, and for more information about the vacant booking secretary position call Laura Batt on 01934 863679.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Covid vaccines available at walk-in clinics