Churchill charity seeks volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A charity which provides community transport has launched an urgent appeal for volunteers to ensure it does not have to cut back its service.
Churchill and Langford Minibus Society helps transport villagers to the shops and social events, providing a lifeline to people without cars.
Its chairman Trevor Smallwood said, due to retirement and ill health of drivers, the society is recruiting. And a new booking secretary is also needed.
He said: "Many of our members don't live near bus routes and would have to make a significant walk to a bus stop, which they are often unable to do.
"Volunteers who are willing to work as little as once a month could prevent the society from scaling back its services."
You may also want to watch:
To volunteer as a minibus driver contact Trevor on 01934 852589, and for more information about the vacant booking secretary position call Laura Batt on 01934 863679.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic