Small music charity wins prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A music charity has won an music award for its contribution within the community.
Churchill Music will receive the St George's Bristol Prize for Music 2019.
This prize recognises and celebrates groups, individuals or organisations who make an outstanding contribution to music.
The group stages five professional concerts each year and is a partner to Music Education Partnership North Somerset.
They will receive the award during the Young Artist Showcase/Tom Everson Gala Concert on February 11.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Murray, from the charity, says it is honoured to be recognised for its work.
She said: "In a world where the arts are being steadily pushed out of schools, we are pushing them back in and helping to show people the positive power of music.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
"We've achieved what we have because we're passionate about what we do and committed to making a difference through music."