Small music charity wins prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A music charity has won an music award for its contribution within the community.
Churchill Music will receive the St George's Bristol Prize for Music 2019.
This prize recognises and celebrates groups, individuals or organisations who make an outstanding contribution to music.
The group stages five professional concerts each year and is a partner to Music Education Partnership North Somerset.
They will receive the award during the Young Artist Showcase/Tom Everson Gala Concert on February 11.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Murray, from the charity, says it is honoured to be recognised for its work.
She said: "In a world where the arts are being steadily pushed out of schools, we are pushing them back in and helping to show people the positive power of music.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"We've achieved what we have because we're passionate about what we do and committed to making a difference through music."