Cinderella showstopper at memorial hall
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players have closed the curtain on performances of Disney classic Cinderella, which finished on Saturday.
The Draycott group have been rehearsing since last year, and each performance of the show sold out at the memorial hall, in Latches Lane, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Performer Hennasey Millard took on the leading role of Cinderella, and the play was adapted and directed by Allie White and written by Greg Harper.
The group has taken on many popular classics, including Alice the Panto, Gut Girls and Dick Whittington. Members have also performed After September, Humpty Dumpty and the Magic Wall and Move Over Mrs Markham.
The Mendip Players have been running since 2004 and stage two big performances a year with a cast of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the memorial hall on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open