Cinderella showstopper at memorial hall
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players have closed the curtain on performances of Disney classic Cinderella, which finished on Saturday.
The Draycott group have been rehearsing since last year, and each performance of the show sold out at the memorial hall, in Latches Lane, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Performer Hennasey Millard took on the leading role of Cinderella, and the play was adapted and directed by Allie White and written by Greg Harper.
The group has taken on many popular classics, including Alice the Panto, Gut Girls and Dick Whittington. Members have also performed After September, Humpty Dumpty and the Magic Wall and Move Over Mrs Markham.
The Mendip Players have been running since 2004 and stage two big performances a year with a cast of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the memorial hall on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down