Cinderella showstopper at memorial hall
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players have closed the curtain on performances of Disney classic Cinderella, which finished on Saturday.
The Draycott group have been rehearsing since last year, and each performance of the show sold out at the memorial hall, in Latches Lane, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Performer Hennasey Millard took on the leading role of Cinderella, and the play was adapted and directed by Allie White and written by Greg Harper.
The group has taken on many popular classics, including Alice the Panto, Gut Girls and Dick Whittington. Members have also performed After September, Humpty Dumpty and the Magic Wall and Move Over Mrs Markham.
The Mendip Players have been running since 2004 and stage two big performances a year with a cast of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the memorial hall on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple