Cinderella showstopper at memorial hall
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players have closed the curtain on performances of Disney classic Cinderella, which finished on Saturday.
The Draycott group have been rehearsing since last year, and each performance of the show sold out at the memorial hall, in Latches Lane, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Performer Hennasey Millard took on the leading role of Cinderella, and the play was adapted and directed by Allie White and written by Greg Harper.
The group has taken on many popular classics, including Alice the Panto, Gut Girls and Dick Whittington. Members have also performed After September, Humpty Dumpty and the Magic Wall and Move Over Mrs Markham.
The Mendip Players have been running since 2004 and stage two big performances a year with a cast of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
The group meets at the memorial hall on Wednesdays at 7.30pm.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 5 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'