Men’s group make donation to RNLI
- Credit: Archant
A men’s social group has raised £400 for Weston’s RNLI.
Clarence Park Baptist Church men’s group reached the total through collections after each of its monthly social events.
A presentation was made at its skittles and buffet night on November 27.
The group has held barbecues, crown green bowling tournaments and parties to raise the funds.
Chairman Alan Loveridge said: “We meet at different venues across Weston each month and have been collecting at each event.
“We thought it would be wise to put money into a charity which benefits the town and thought the RNLI would be a great option.
“The work they do for Weston is fantastic and the RNLI is fully deserving of all the funding it gets.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
“We are inclusive group, we cater for men from all walks of life regardless of age or disability, this is a safe environment for people to relax and enjoy themselves.”
The group will donate funds to the Great Western Air Ambulance service next year.