Men’s group make donation to RNLI
- Credit: Archant
A men’s social group has raised £400 for Weston’s RNLI.
Clarence Park Baptist Church men’s group reached the total through collections after each of its monthly social events.
A presentation was made at its skittles and buffet night on November 27.
The group has held barbecues, crown green bowling tournaments and parties to raise the funds.
Chairman Alan Loveridge said: “We meet at different venues across Weston each month and have been collecting at each event.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought it would be wise to put money into a charity which benefits the town and thought the RNLI would be a great option.
“The work they do for Weston is fantastic and the RNLI is fully deserving of all the funding it gets.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
“We are inclusive group, we cater for men from all walks of life regardless of age or disability, this is a safe environment for people to relax and enjoy themselves.”
The group will donate funds to the Great Western Air Ambulance service next year.