Weston woman celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: sub
A Weston woman has celebrated a landmark birthday with friends and family.
Clarice Coulson was born on December 1918 in Ebbw Vale in South Wales.
She was married to Frank Coulson for 60 years.
Clarice moved to the seaside town 15 years ago to be nearer her relatives, with whom she enjoyed spending her 100th birthday celebrations with.
The centenarian is an active member of the U3A – the University of the Third Age which aims to educate and stimulate the minds of mainly retired members of the community – and still lives independently.
You may also want to watch:
Clarice celebrated her 100th birthday with a family lunch on Monday and a traditional afternoon tea on Sunday which saw 22 of her close friends gather to toast to her health at the Victoria Bowling Club, in Albert Quadrant.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone