Council’s incentives for landlords to boost housing stock
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Free events will take place in Weston and Clevedon next month to help landlords.
Breakfast events will see North Somerset Council offer information about its incentive scheme to assist owners of empty or second homes.
Its initiative includes financial assistance, through improvement loans and grants, as well as help finding tenants plus free health and safety assessments.
The council believes the project will help improve the quality of affordable accommodation.
Cllr Elfan Ap Rees believes the scheme will help reduce the number of homeless people in North Somerset.
The executive member for housing said: “Many households across North Somerset are searching for an affordable privately-rented home.
“We are looking for affordable accommodation and can offer a range of incentives to landlords and homeowners who can make their properties available, and ultimately help us house families and people who are threatened with homelessness.”
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 6 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Vegan cafe opens in Grove Park
The events will be held on November 1 at Clevedon’s Castlewood and November 7 at the YMCA building in Weston.
Both sessions will run from 8.30-10.30am.
For more details about the scheme, call the council’s private lettings team on 01934 426483 or email email@example.com.