Here are the libraries offering click-and-collect services in Weston
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset Council revealed the list of libraries offering a click-and-collect service in Weston.
North Somerset Council has confirmed that selected libraries in Weston will extend out their click-and-collect service.
The service has allowed bookworms to use the libraries’ services while they undergo a phased reopening before allowing customers back into the library buildings.
Customers are able to call or email their closest available library giving their book tastes and staff will then make suggestions based on this.
The selected titles will be free to collect at an arranged time, either outside the library entrance or via the mobile library which has been running since July 13.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caritas Charles, executive member for library services, said: “We’ve had lots of positive comments from people using the service who are delighted to see some sort of normality returning.
“There has already been similar feedback from people happy to see the mobile library back again.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
Cllr Charles confirmed that there is still some way to go before returning to full capacity.
He added: “In line with government advice, changes to the library service will come in gradually, focusing on the health and safety of staff, customers, residents and volunteers.
“As long as government guidance and the local situation allows, more services will be added in the coming weeks.”
Book pick-up services will run at The Campus in Highlands Lane, The Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue, Winscombe Library in Woodborough Road, Worle Library in Mendip Avenue, Yatton in the High Street
and Weston Town Hall.
Library cards are required, to get one sign up at www.librarieswest.org.uk/join
Further information on the click-and-collect service can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraries