Here are the libraries offering click-and-collect services in Weston
- Credit: Archant
North Somerset Council revealed the list of libraries offering a click-and-collect service in Weston.
North Somerset Council has confirmed that selected libraries in Weston will extend out their click-and-collect service.
The service has allowed bookworms to use the libraries’ services while they undergo a phased reopening before allowing customers back into the library buildings.
Customers are able to call or email their closest available library giving their book tastes and staff will then make suggestions based on this.
The selected titles will be free to collect at an arranged time, either outside the library entrance or via the mobile library which has been running since July 13.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Caritas Charles, executive member for library services, said: “We’ve had lots of positive comments from people using the service who are delighted to see some sort of normality returning.
“There has already been similar feedback from people happy to see the mobile library back again.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
Cllr Charles confirmed that there is still some way to go before returning to full capacity.
He added: “In line with government advice, changes to the library service will come in gradually, focusing on the health and safety of staff, customers, residents and volunteers.
“As long as government guidance and the local situation allows, more services will be added in the coming weeks.”
Book pick-up services will run at The Campus in Highlands Lane, The Healthy Living Centre in Lonsdale Avenue, Winscombe Library in Woodborough Road, Worle Library in Mendip Avenue, Yatton in the High Street
and Weston Town Hall.
Library cards are required, to get one sign up at www.librarieswest.org.uk/join
Further information on the click-and-collect service can be found at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/libraries