Tropicana £1m arena project takes step forward
- Credit: Archant
A bid to secure funding to revitalise Weston’s Tropicana has taken a step forward.
North Somerset Council is bidding for Government cash from the Coastal Communities Fund, which would be spent on revamping the former lido in Marine Parade.
The authority has lodged its business plan and final application with the Government after the project passed the first screening.
North Somerset is set to learn if its bid is successful in the coming months
Last year the Mercury revealed North Somerset was bidding for funding with aspirations of making a long list of upgrades to the Trop.
You may also want to watch:
On the wishlist are improvements to the outside ‘arena’ and a boosted capacity of 8,500. Changes to the Bay Café and gallery are also desired.
The council hopes to create 60 jobs and believes the project will inject £2.2million into the town’s economy if it materialises.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Help to preserve local landmarks by nominating a heritage site