Weston College releases ‘how to’ DIY face mask video
- Credit: Archant
Weston College has released a video showing people how they can make their own face masks.
Nicola Stent, who teaches A Level Textiles at the college, began using her skills to create face masks for key workers such as Neighbourhood Care in Burnham.
Following requests from friends and neighbours, Nicola came up with the idea of filming a ‘how to’ video, encouraging the public to make their own and help ease pressure on supplies of these essential resources.
Principal of Weston College, Dr Paul Phillips, said: “I’d like to thank Nicola for using strong initiative and applying her skills to offer invaluable assistance.
“This sparked the idea surrounding community-based learning, home projects for families and essential skill sharing. This will involve staff and students producing a series of ‘how to’ videos to encourage new skills and hobbies during lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in making a face mask can find the video at www.weston.ac.uk/how-to
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple