Weston College releases ‘how to’ DIY face mask video
- Credit: Archant
Weston College has released a video showing people how they can make their own face masks.
Nicola Stent, who teaches A Level Textiles at the college, began using her skills to create face masks for key workers such as Neighbourhood Care in Burnham.
Following requests from friends and neighbours, Nicola came up with the idea of filming a ‘how to’ video, encouraging the public to make their own and help ease pressure on supplies of these essential resources.
Principal of Weston College, Dr Paul Phillips, said: “I’d like to thank Nicola for using strong initiative and applying her skills to offer invaluable assistance.
“This sparked the idea surrounding community-based learning, home projects for families and essential skill sharing. This will involve staff and students producing a series of ‘how to’ videos to encourage new skills and hobbies during lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
Those interested in making a face mask can find the video at www.weston.ac.uk/how-to
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival