Weston College wins Employer of Year Award at National Business Awards
- Credit: Weston College
Weston College has won an award for being one of the best places to work in the UK.
The College received the Employer of the Year Award at the annual Lloyds Bank National Business Awards.
Representatives from the College, including principal Dr Paul Phillips, attended a ceremony held at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The judges were impressed by both the financial and emotional investment the college has made in its employees during the last year, including a raft of initiatives to help employees develop new skills.
Accepting the award, Dr Paul Phillips said: "We are delighted to have been recognised by Lloyds Bank National Business Awards.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is for every staff member at Weston College, who it is a pleasure to work with every day.
"I'm thrilled our unique working environment has been recognised with such a prestigious award."
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset