Weston College wins Employer of Year Award at National Business Awards
- Credit: Weston College
Weston College has won an award for being one of the best places to work in the UK.
The College received the Employer of the Year Award at the annual Lloyds Bank National Business Awards.
Representatives from the College, including principal Dr Paul Phillips, attended a ceremony held at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
The judges were impressed by both the financial and emotional investment the college has made in its employees during the last year, including a raft of initiatives to help employees develop new skills.
Accepting the award, Dr Paul Phillips said: "We are delighted to have been recognised by Lloyds Bank National Business Awards.
You may also want to watch:
"This award is for every staff member at Weston College, who it is a pleasure to work with every day.
"I'm thrilled our unique working environment has been recognised with such a prestigious award."
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre