Priceless artwork from Weston’s Dismaland to be raffled off for £2
- Credit: Archant
Banksy is raffling off a priceless piece of art from Weston’s Dismaland for £2 to raise money for refugees.
The artist asked people to guess the weight of a piece depicting a boat full of refugees for a chance to take it home.
Posting on his Instagram page last week, Banksy wrote: “I’m raffling off one of the boats from Dismaland for £2. Fully remote controlled, top speed three knots, batteries included. Just guess how much it weighs.”
The competition will close at 8pm December 22, with the piece on display at the Choose Love shop in London until then.
A spokesman for Choose Love said: “Your guess should be to the nearest gram. Closest guess wins the boat.”
You may also want to watch:
The artist has donated many pieces from Dismaland to refugee charities since the installation left Weston’s Tropicana in September 2015.
To enter the competition, visit www.choose.love
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 5 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters