Complaints over ‘crazy’ new postal deliveries
POSTAL services in Weston have been branded ‘crazy’ following changes to delivery methods across town.
Internet users who have been logging on to Weston’s new Streetlife site say they do not receive their mail until late in the afternoon at the moment – or not at all on some days.
Streetlife is a social network supported by the Mercury, which aims to help people make the most of where they live by connecting with nearby residents, groups, organisations and businesses.
At streetlife.com members can share practical information, advice, opinions, skills and resources, as well as grumbles like that about the delivery of their post.
One user said: “We too are having trouble with deliveries, sometimes not till gone 3pm. it’s crazy.
You may also want to watch:
“We have complained to Royal Mail a few times now, they just come back saying they are sorry and saying to get in touch again if it recurs, but as they aren’t doing anything about it, it’s just a waste of time and stamps.”
Although some members have spoken up in support of postal services, a spokesman for Royal Mail told the Mercury this week the reported delays are down to new methods that have been introduced in Weston.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
Staff are learning new methods of delivery and how to use different equipment.
The Royal Mail spokesman said: “These changes are part of Royal Mail’s �2billion investment to modernise the business.
“This is one of the biggest transformations being undertaken in UK industry and is essential in enabling us to respond to a changing mailbag as we deliver fewer letters but more packets and parcels for our customers.
“When any such major change is implemented, some disruption is possible.
“We sincerely apologise for this and we are doing everything we can to minimise any delays so that we can continue to deliver the high quality of service customers expect and deserve.
“In the meantime, we would urge any customer who has a query about our service to call Royal Mail customer services on 08457 740740.”
One resident on Streetlife says she is disgusted with the level of service.
She added: “Since they changed the rounds and times delivery has just got worse.
“We knew our regular postie by name and he went the extra mile.
“Now we never get the same one twice.”