MP backs villagers campaigning against housing development
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s MP has given his backing to villagers campaigning against a planning application.
John Penrose has written to Robert Jenrick, Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, against Gladman’s plans to build 50 homes in Congresbury’s Wrington Lane.
A spokesman for Congresbury Residents Action Group said: “Mr Penrose relates our view that another application from Gladman, whilst the country is in the grip of a national health emergency, is deplorable.
“Because of the narrowness of Wrington Lane, the plan of the original scheme has proved impossible to meet.
“Gladman keeps making applications to revise the plan which have all been turned down largely on safety grounds because the lane is not wide enough.
You may also want to watch:
“These repeated applications represent needless harassment to residents.”
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder