MP backs villagers campaigning against housing development
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s MP has given his backing to villagers campaigning against a planning application.
John Penrose has written to Robert Jenrick, Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, against Gladman’s plans to build 50 homes in Congresbury’s Wrington Lane.
A spokesman for Congresbury Residents Action Group said: “Mr Penrose relates our view that another application from Gladman, whilst the country is in the grip of a national health emergency, is deplorable.
“Because of the narrowness of Wrington Lane, the plan of the original scheme has proved impossible to meet.
“Gladman keeps making applications to revise the plan which have all been turned down largely on safety grounds because the lane is not wide enough.
You may also want to watch:
“These repeated applications represent needless harassment to residents.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital