Controversy over unfinished road
THE debate over an unfinished road in Burnham is still raging on. MP David Heathcoat-Amory and members of Burnham and Highbridge Town Council have written a strongly worded letter to Somerset County Council about the Frank Foley Parkway.
THE debate over an unfinished road in Burnham is still raging on.
MP David Heathcoat-Amory and members of Burnham and Highbridge Town Council have written a strongly worded letter to Somerset County Council about the Frank Foley Parkway.
The controversial unfinished road should run between Love Lane in Burnham and Pepperall Road in Highbridge.
The Wells Constituency MP and the council want to know about the county council's plans for the road.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heathcoat-Amory said: "My patience over the delay in completion of this stretch of road is now exhausted. When I have raised this with the county council in the past I found a complete lack of determination or interest and I now want answers.
"Anyone looking at the road map of the area with this incomplete section would conclude that it had been planned by lunatics. Money has been collected from developers which has not been spent on the road and meanwhile traffic congestion continues to increase on the roads linking Burnham and Highbridge."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
A spokesman for Somerset County Council said: "The council is in the process of investigating recent changes to the situation with a view to recommending next steps.