Villagers helping people in need during pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers in Cleeve are helping vulnerable people to access food and medicines during the pandemic.
Villagers have set up a community resilience group to ensure the elderly and those with underlying health conditions have the support they need.
A community resilence spokesman said: “We are able to assist if required. Every household in the village has had a leaflet with our contact details delivered to them and the parish council is regularly updating its Facebook page with useful information.
“It would be fair to say that the community spirit within the village is coming to the fore and people are receiving the help they need.
“We are there to support them if required.”
You may also want to watch:
The contact numbers for the community resilience team in Cleeve are Steve on 01934 834412 or 07988 656023 or Ross on 07974 308398.
You can also follow Cleeve Parish Council on Facebook.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences