Villagers helping people in need during pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers in Cleeve are helping vulnerable people to access food and medicines during the pandemic.
Villagers have set up a community resilience group to ensure the elderly and those with underlying health conditions have the support they need.
A community resilence spokesman said: “We are able to assist if required. Every household in the village has had a leaflet with our contact details delivered to them and the parish council is regularly updating its Facebook page with useful information.
“It would be fair to say that the community spirit within the village is coming to the fore and people are receiving the help they need.
“We are there to support them if required.”
You may also want to watch:
The contact numbers for the community resilience team in Cleeve are Steve on 01934 834412 or 07988 656023 or Ross on 07974 308398.
You can also follow Cleeve Parish Council on Facebook.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset