Councillors told to 'go to the top'
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to go to the top if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to 'go to the top' if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
Unitary authority chairman David Shopland attended a meeting of Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council, where he gave advice on how best to deal with the authority.
At the meeting on November 15, parish councillor Steve Bridges said: "The biggest issue we find when dealing with North Somerset Council members is that we never get a reply when we contact them.
"Even if we send three or four letters we very rarely hear back from anyone."
You may also want to watch:
In response, Mr Shopland said "In that case I would go straight to the top and ask the issue to be dealt with by someone much more senior.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look