Councillors told to 'go to the top'
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to go to the top if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to 'go to the top' if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
Unitary authority chairman David Shopland attended a meeting of Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council, where he gave advice on how best to deal with the authority.
At the meeting on November 15, parish councillor Steve Bridges said: "The biggest issue we find when dealing with North Somerset Council members is that we never get a reply when we contact them.
"Even if we send three or four letters we very rarely hear back from anyone."
You may also want to watch:
In response, Mr Shopland said "In that case I would go straight to the top and ask the issue to be dealt with by someone much more senior.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic