Councillors told to 'go to the top'
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to go to the top if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
COUNCILLORS from a North Somerset village have been told to 'go to the top' if they have difficulty communicating with North Somerset Council.
Unitary authority chairman David Shopland attended a meeting of Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council, where he gave advice on how best to deal with the authority.
At the meeting on November 15, parish councillor Steve Bridges said: "The biggest issue we find when dealing with North Somerset Council members is that we never get a reply when we contact them.
"Even if we send three or four letters we very rarely hear back from anyone."
You may also want to watch:
In response, Mr Shopland said "In that case I would go straight to the top and ask the issue to be dealt with by someone much more senior.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare