Councillors will be sent back to classroom
NORTH Somerset Council has advertised for an officer to develop its councillor training scheme
NORTH Somerset Council is looking to recruit an advisor for its councillors.
The job, posted on the council's website, is advertised as a learning and development officer for its elected member development program.
The main role for the successful candidate will be to develop methods of educating council members and also to identify sources of external funding.
The move has come following an Audit Commission report, which recommended that councillors were given more training.
You may also want to watch:
Members will be sent on national and regional training courses, which will be attended by other council members from around the country.
The job is advertised as paying a salary of up to £26,000, with generous holidays to accompany it.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
The salary will be funded by Government, which means no taxpayers money will be used.