Couple’s fundraising headshave for preschool appeal
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife are sporting matching looks after shaving their heads for a preschool in Uphill.
Vee Valentine decided to shave her head to help with St Nicholas Preschool's fundraising appeal to pay for new outside flooring.
The headshave was Vee's idea, but her supportive husband said he would join her if she managed to hit her £500 fundraising target.
Ultimately Vee managed to raise more than £700 for the preschool so Matt went under the clippers too.
Duncan Lee, who runs Duncan's Barber Shop in Worle, gave the couple their shiny new look.
You may also want to watch:
Vee said: "It (the headshave) went really well.
"I thought it was a nice way to raise money for a charity and because my son used to go to the preschool I chose them."
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
The preschool, which meets in the church hall in Uphill, is raising money to improve the outdoor play surface for children.
People can still sponsor Vee by logging on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/vee-v