Couple’s fundraising headshave for preschool appeal
- Credit: Archant
A husband and wife are sporting matching looks after shaving their heads for a preschool in Uphill.
Vee Valentine decided to shave her head to help with St Nicholas Preschool's fundraising appeal to pay for new outside flooring.
The headshave was Vee's idea, but her supportive husband said he would join her if she managed to hit her £500 fundraising target.
Ultimately Vee managed to raise more than £700 for the preschool so Matt went under the clippers too.
Duncan Lee, who runs Duncan's Barber Shop in Worle, gave the couple their shiny new look.
You may also want to watch:
Vee said: "It (the headshave) went really well.
"I thought it was a nice way to raise money for a charity and because my son used to go to the preschool I chose them."
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
The preschool, which meets in the church hall in Uphill, is raising money to improve the outdoor play surface for children.
People can still sponsor Vee by logging on to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/vee-v